17 June 2016

Time Flies

Hi guys!  I've been playing with various media to make this Time Flies canvas.

I started off by making my weathered wood panel by swiping Distress Ink minis from top to bottom.

Then scoring it every half inch before stamping with the Peeled Paint background stamp from Darkroom Door.  I painted my canvas with black gesso and adhered the panel to the canvas.

Added a few buttons, paper flowers, bandage fabric scrap and some moulded items from my stash, and painted those black.  
Once everything was dry I sprayed Dylusions White Linen over it and when that had dried, rubbed on some Viva Decor Inka Gold in Lava Red, Jade and Gold.
The Inka Gold adds a lovely antique metallic look to the painted flowers.
Using the Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll Wings stamp as a template, I cut out a pair of wings from black card and painted them with Finnabair Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint - Opal Magic Rose-Gold.  You see the gold in one light, and the pale rose colour in another.  The clock is from Tim Holtz Curiosities, sponged with Antique Linen.
I hope time isn't flying too quickly for you this summer!

Enjoy your weekend.
Shirley x

1 comment:

Craftyfield said...

The stamping on the scored cardstock is very effective, and the black is a wonderful base for shiny paints. Love the result!