29 May 2016

Recycling Backgrounds

I've been recycling a piece of stamped card where the impression hadn't been as clear as I would have liked, and I didn't want to throw it away, so I painted over it to push the text to the background.


The stamp in question was the large text stamp from Tim Holtz Papillon.  I sponged Dylusions Paints (Cherry Pie and Fresh Lime) then using London Blue I scraped some paint lines.  A splattering of After Midnight and White Linen completed the background.


Once that was dry I stamped Donna Downey Poppies, masking the first one while I stamped the second one, then drew in the stems with a black Posca pen, and sponged some white around the outlines to help define the image.


Drawing stems onto flower head images is a great way to stretch your stamps.


Have a great bank holiday weekend!
Shirley x