30 November 2015

Memories Together Tag


Hi Folks

Georgie here today, and I have been experimenting with my Dina Wakley again!!

I've been trying get in to the hand-of-the-artist mode. I'm always so keen to blend everything out and together, so this was a real challenge for me not to give into temptation.


I focused primarily on getting 'texture' on the sweet little bird with this technique, I started by laying down colour, Lapis, Sky and a touch of Gilt. I also added some Gilt to the black outline to give the effect of golden light reflecting back. I left some areas white and also used the White Acrylic Paint to knock back the colours a touch. I found this looked better than just leaving the colours to stand alone. This means drying completely before this layer is very important. 


The words, Memories Together, Remember Paradise were chosen for exactly that, looking back on memories with friends and family, remembering the fabulous times always leave you with that 'feel good' inside glow, that to me it is a kind of paradise. 


Here is a close up of the paint strokes on the Scribbly Bird (Stamp design by Dina Wakley). Here you can see the knock-back with the white and you can also see the background stamping coming in, bleeding through the colour on the bird too. :) Love this effect too!


The background was painted with Ruby, Tangerine and Lemon Acrylic Paints by Dina Wakley. I always love this colour combo together! The stamp bubbles are from Finnabairs, Don't Forget to Fly set, and the Tweet. Chirp. is part of the Scribbly bird set.

Hope you're having a very lovely start to the week and I will catch up with you all very soon!
Hugs
Georgie xx

8 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Stunning colours on your tag and your colouring on your Scribbly Bird is outstanding Georgie, love how you have coloured her. I will be pestering you for some tips as I'd love to be able to colour mine so beautifully. Thanks for sharing hun xx

Marci said...

Gorgeous!

Redanne said...

The texture you created on the Scribbly bird is fantastic and I love the wonderful warm colours in the background. Your painting, as always, is superb! Hugs, Anne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous painterly strokes creating such gorgeous detail on the bird, and I love the contrasting colours in the background - completely fantastic tag!
Alison x

sarascloset said...

Lovely coloring on that sweet bird and your brilliant background is delightful, too! What an artistic presentation! Well done,Georgie! Hugs!

Caroline said...

Wow! I am so jealous, wish I could paint like this & the colours are stunning!

Pawsitively Creative said...

This is fantastical Gee! Wonderful tag and those colors are superbly done together. Very cute bird and seeing the brush strokes is awesome sauce!

Pamellia said...

What a sweet tag Georgie! Love the contrast of the cool blues of the bird against the warmth of the background! Stunning! hugs :)