28 November 2015

Just hanging!

Good morning, It's Clare here today and I would like to show you a mixed media door hanger I made for today's post. It was one of those projects where you have an idea in your head and then ended up going off on a completely different tangent!

For this project I used:
Dylusions paints squeezed orange/white

I started of by adding some texture through a stencil with the modeling paste. Once dried I assembled the Prima wood icons in a box along with some die cuts and other bits and bobs from my treasure box with the matte medium.
As soon as my arrangement was dry I covered with black gesso. After, I started to add in some colour with the Dylusion paints highlighting the bottom corner so that I could stamp on my sentiment.
To finish off I added some liquid pearls, gems and Finnabair mica powders.
Even though it didnt turn out as planned, as always I enjoyed the crafty journey that got me to my finished project.
That's it from me today. Wishing you all a fabulous weekend.
Crafty hugs,
Clare x x x

1 comment:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

So beautiful, lovely texture and colors!!