21 September 2015

Art is Freedom


Good morning to you all. Today I am sharing with you something from my art journal. This year I have been starting to develop my drawing/painting skills. I do this in the comfort of my own home largely because there are a lack of workshops to attend in the South West of england. So when I started this page I wanted to share a little of me with you!

This page was based on a picture that I had previously sketched into a sketch book, too scared to add any colour to it I decided to leave it as it was in my sketch book but recreate it in my art journal.

Now I have probably have created this page a little back to front but I decided to sketch into my journal first before covering with a layer of clear gesso.

 

Time to add some colour, eeek, scary times!

I painted the face mixing Dina Wakely paints for the skin tones.

When Painting on my background, again I used Dina Wakely paints through the Finnabair wild roses stencil. I added some stamping using the Finnabair dot grunge stamp and some butterflies, circles and sentiment from the Finnabair Dont forget to fly set.

 

I painted some card and stamped several of the tiny butterflies, fussy cut them out and applied them to my ladies head.

 

Compared to some I am still relatively new in my art journaling journey. I know that I still have a lot to learn but isn't it fun enjoying the ride?

 

Thank you for stopping by today. I am always overjoyed when you share your thoughts and comments.

 

Big hugs,

Clare x x x