25 June 2015

Creating with Inktense !!!

Morning my lovelies !!!

Tracy here with today's post !

Do you have art supplies that you purchased because you just 'had' to have them ???....... Come on, own up !!
I know I do....all those lovely supplies that I 'needed' desperately at the time and then have hardly if ever used since.....sometimes I think I could set up my own art store with the amount of unused arty loveliness!!!!

No more !!!! ( alright who am I kidding !!) but I've decided that I need to start using things that I buy, play and explore all these gorgeous new mediums, experiment and justify their purchase !!!


So this week I decided to get out my inktense pencils, which I'm ashamed to say I've had for approximately 3 years and only ever used the black 'tut tut'

I started by sketching in the basic outline of my girl, I didn't want to do anything too complicated, after all this was all about the pencils.....


The colours of the pencils are amazing I used Cadmium Yellow, Hot Red, Fuchsia and Mustard and even though I only used a few colours the amount of depth I could get with them was great by adding more or less water or by using them direct to the page...


I used a thin black fine liner to add in some final sketchy details. 

I love how my girl turned out and I am in awe of these pencils. The colours are 'intense' hence the name I guess and they are super easy to use. 


Ok I'm off now to see what other purchases I can justify !!!

Have a fabulous day
Tracy
X

5 comments:

Jane said...

She's gorgeous,such lovely colours.Can I ask...have you used white on top as a pen or is it just the white paper...looks lovely. I love playing with Inktense...they are such fun x

heARTistry said...

Thank you Jane I've used a white gel pen to add some highlights xx

Karen said...

She is gorgeous Tracy! I recently dug out my Inktense pencils too and had a lot of fun with them x

heARTistry said...

Thank you Karen xx

Craftyfield said...

Of course I have barely used stash... I think all serious crafters eventually do! Well done on getting the pencils out though.