26 April 2015

The Butterfly

My latest journal page was inspired by a crafty session in the garden, with the weather being so wonderful I really couldn't stay in the basement to craft. I grabbed my journal and Inktense pencils with the pages already prepared with gesso and set about adding colour.


 I created the framing around the outside with Finnabair stamps called Lace and Doily and a Prima Stencil. The texture paste is also from Finnabair and has a fantastic sparkle to it when it's dry.


For the butterfly, I drew it onto a sheet of music score paper and used the Inktense pencils to colour it in.


If you needed any convincing about how vibrant the colour is, just take a look here at the before and after adding water. I think it speaks for itself.


I put a crease in the butterfly wings before adding it to the page so it would add dimension.


Happy crafting

jaine xx

5 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow,what a stunning page,love the 3D look of the butterfly and the colours are just beautiful :)
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Caroline said...

I SO want Inktense pencils for exactly the reason you have shown. Your butterfly is fun, bright & pops (literally too) off the page. Really like how you framed your pages too! Tfs. C

Redanne said...

A really beautiful page and the butterfly is stunning! Anne x

Unknown said...

Love the tone of colour you created with the background, and the butterfly is just amazingly cheerful xx

crafty creations said...

Stunning pages Trish the colours are amazing