28 February 2015

Nest building journal page


I'm trying trying trying so hard to bring some spring into my life. It's surely not far away and little signs of it are all around if you look hard enough. The best sign is when I hear and see the geese flying overhead in that V formation on their way to new nesting grounds.


My journal page started out with the sketch of the bird done on a book page and coloured with watercolour pencils. 

I stamped leaves around the background using a hand carved stamp from Softcut, some Picket fence Distress paint through a stencil and a few black marks here and there.


Here's my birdy.


I made good use of some pieces of washi tape namely My Minds Eye and Tim Holtz. My title is the alphabet from a Jenni Bowlin sticker sheet  and my Dymo.

Here's hoping spring isn't too far away,

Jaine

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your page. Colours are so spring like and the bird it beautiful xx

Caroline said...

I zoomed this to see every part. Your page is absolutely beautiful from the background to such a cute bird. Really admire anyone who can draw & your bird is even layered? All comes together so well. Very jealous! Tfs. C :)

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous page, I love the bird.

Unknown said...

Very sweet bird!

Did you draw it yourself?

^GB

Unknown said...

Wow, not sure how I missed this, this is stunning :)