07 July 2014

Pimp my shoes!

This project is a little bit different from the sort of thing I usually bring you but I thought I'd show you a way to take your art off the page and wear it too.


This is the pair of shoes which started it all off, a simple pair of pumps which I painted on a while ago for a project in Craft Stamper. I wore them out recently and had lots of comments, one of them from a little girl who absolutely loved them and really wanted a pair of her own. As it was her birthday I thought it would be the perfect present.

I used a product called Inkssentials Fabric Medium by Ranger.  It turns all your acrylic paints, alcohol inks and ranger inks into fabric paints. Even glitter.

I started off by protecting the rubber sole with masking tape.


I stamped the birds and flowers from Rangers Dylusions How Does Your Garden Grow with a Stazon ink. I found it easier to stamp on the shoe with a piece of foam and my hand in the shoe so I could feel the stamp through the fabric. If you miss a few bits or some of the stamping doesn't come out perfectly just use a black permanent marker to go back around the image.


Mix up the medium one to one. You don't need much, a little goes a long way.


Paint in the design. Again don't worry about going over the stamping, you can go back over it later.


Here are the finished shoes. I mixed up some of the medium with some glitter added to add glittery bits on the shoes. The medium can also be used over the top as a sealer if you want as it's totally clear.


I made a second pair and love how they came out.


Why not consider wearing your art, it makes a great statement.

Jaine x

3 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

These are great. What a lovely gift.

Caroline said...

How thoughtful, bet the little girl was happy dancing in them! The second pair are my fave - would love to wear them. Don't think mine would come out so well but thank you for info on product!! :)

Cocofolies said...

These shoes are absolutely lovely and all very beautiful!! I think it's a wonderful project, very cute haha, thank you Jaine! Coco x