08 March 2014

It's the simple things.

I'll admit to being a pretty simple gal on the whole and it's the little things in life which give me the most pleasure. When I first saw Dyan Reaveley using this ink spray pad at winter CHA I thought it such a cool idea and couldn't wait to get my hands on one.  If you haven't seen it before it's basically an ink pad without ink! The idea is you use it to spray your inks directly onto the pad thus creating an ink pad with your own custom colours. It's washable too so you don't need to buy one for every spray colour you own.  It's not a small thing either and at a whopping 15.5 x 10.5 for the pad it'll ink up those massive background stamps easily.

 I thought I'd keep my project simple too just to show you the effect. Here I've used a black tag rather like the Ranger ones in the shop and simply stamped this Darkroom Door Birds 1 stamp using my pad and Dylusions White Linen ink directly onto the tag. The image isn't perfect but I wasn't looking for perfection. I also used the pad to create simple marks with a credit card and bottle caps and used the ink directly from the bottle to add some ink spots.




If you love your ink sprays and long to use them to stamp with, I highly recommend you get yourself this stamp pad. You'll love it.

Jaine x

5 comments:

G Peplow said...

Fabulous! Love it :D

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

I watched this technique demo by Dyan on YouTube, but have not tried it yet. You have made fantastic tag with this black and white combo, I am inspired to make one.

Caroline said...

I have bn wondering how these pads work & how they don't just get 'dirty'. Makes much more sense now you have said it's washable!
Absolutely adore simplicity of monochrome tag (must get me some black tags). So well demonstrated & beautiful result! Tfs :))

Anonymous said...

Dyan's ink pad is a great idea & your tag is gorgeous, I love the little birds.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is gorgeous! Certainly will give the stamp pad some consideration now! Chris