29 July 2013

homemade washi tape

Hello everyone!

Washi tapes are very popular for sometime. I would love to have one...but I haven't. But than I thought why not to make it by myself?! You can use different tapes to make your own washi tape. And what is the best part, you can draw/stamp whatever you want! I had been thinking about using a masking tape but than I received amazing Prima Writers Tape from Vicki. This tape is fantastic! You can stamp on it, draw or use some mediums on it. Tape is sticky back.

To make a simple washi tape you will need:
- tape - for a background
- paint - to add some colour
- waterproof pen - if you want to draw something
- waterproof ink - for stamping
- stamp


I made two pieces, one is drawn and the other stamped.


At the first piece I used a paint with water as a background and than added only the paint in some places. At the second one I applied the paint using my finger.


My ATC using these tapes



Products which I used to make my ATC:
- Stampotique stamp
- Prima Writers Tape
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint
- Sakura Pigma Micron Pen
- Ranger Archival Ink
- Ranger Liquid Pearls
- Glitz Design Yours Truly paper
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Black Gesso
- Claudine Hellmuth Sticky-Back Canvas
- Donna Downey Studio stencil
- Jenni Bowlin paper

Magda x

No comments: