02 June 2013

Chaos!

Hello!
I've been playing with inks again! A little inky panel......
I used a small Tando chipboard square, and gave it a good coat of white gesso first. As well as creating a white background, the gesso also has the effect of coating the chipboard, so the ink doesn't get absorbed straight away. This coating means the ink stays wetter a lot longer, vital when I wanted it to move around!
The technique I used is very simple indeed, put a big drip of ink onto the panel, then blast it with compressed air! Really easy to get hold of, cans of compressed air are used for things like blasting crumbs and other gunk from your keyboard!
The effect you get is fab....

This is done with just three colours of  Acrylic ink, a turquoise, purple and silver pearl. I dried each colour before adding the next on top. This stops the colours mixing, which I didn't want in this case, although having the colours mix together is a cool look too!
I then used black gesso through a stencil to give a little more detail around the sides....
The word was cut from chit chat stickers, and the little lady looking bemused at all the colour chaos is from Stampotique...
Have a nice weekend everyone!
love Trish xxxx




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours & the black gesso works perfectly with them.

Caroline said...

Fabarooney!!! Love the idea of 'compressed air', will have to get on Google for that one. She does look a little bemused doesn't she? Bless'er! Great colours as always Trish & black gesso looks brilliant (not like my attempts the other day, lol).
Thank you.... :))))

jaine drake said...

Love this, I bought a can of compressed air ages ago and didn't use it but this has prompted me to get it out to see what I can do with it. Thanks