03 May 2013

guest designer - Jennie Atkinson


This month we have a guest member of the design team joining us. 

I'm delighted that she's been able to join us or May and look forward to her projects. 








My name is Jennie Atkinson and I live on the UK's most northerly island, Shetland.  As you can imagine it is very beautiful and peaceful and I feel extremely lucky to have lived here for the last 33 years.

I love creating 12 x 12 scrapbook layouts and I would say that my current style is collage, however, as you know styles change over time, so I am not sure where it will go next.   I love scrapping anything, from vintage photos to colourful layouts of my little grandson.  I couldn't imagine doing a layout without using some inking and I love making my own background paper with masks, inks and sprays.  I also make alot (and I mean alot!!) of mini books and am well known for these locally.  I run four weekend workshops a year making scrapbook mini books and the places are booked within days of being advertised.  I also sell decorated mini books at our local craft fairs and these are very popular too. 
I make quite a wide range of cards, mainly using stamps, inks and embossing.  I have just finished participating in an online course in interactive cardmaking and I have really enjoyed the paper mechanics.  I am really looking forward to incorporating these ideas into my cardmaking.  I also enjoy doing mixed media work - mainly in art journals, but some on canvas.  I am really enjoying these more artistic techniques and wish to develop them further.

  I am finding that many mixed media techniques sit well with scrapbooking and my layouts seem to feature more and more of these techniques.  My sewing machine is also much in evidence these days on layouts and cards.   During the summer I worked on a few 3d projects  which I also found very enjoyable and again hope to find time to develop these ideas further.
You will see that in all my projects I use my own handmade flowers - I like to think that these make my work truly unique.  I make a number of different types of flowers and am always developing new ones.  I have a number of tutorials on my blog with clear step by step descriptions and photographs and find that these are very popular blog posts.  I also run regular flower workshops locally and again these are very popular.

You can see some more or Jennie's work on her blog: 

4 comments:

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Hi there, what gorgeous samples you have here, I can't pick my favourite I love them all, looking forward to seeing more of your work. Sam

Paula Whittaker said...

Welcome Jennie - great to have you on aboard for this month. Look forward to seeing the projects you have in store for us!

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful... I love Jennie's work - can't wait to see what she creates!
Alison x

Gez Butterworth said...

Welcome to the Team Jennie, looking forward to seeing your creations