02 May 2013

A journal page with confidence.

Confidence; n firm belief.


I had the firm belief that the black gesso would work it's magic on this page of bright, colorful lovliness, well it's only a page right? I can start again if I don't like it right?

My base was paint, die cut shapes and stencils by Crafters Workshop and Dylusions along with some texture paste.


Next came that moment when I just had to go for it and covered the whole lot up with Claudine Hellmuth black Gesso. I didn't go for an even coverage so some of the colour would shine through from underneath.


My next stage was to bring back out the texture so I rubbed all over with a white crayon. I used a Neo color crayon but an Inktense pencil would work too. Skim over the surface and watch as the shapes reappear.


To create my confident girl, I stuck a magazine image to the back of a piece of patterned paper, in this case by Glitz Design, then I fussy cut her out. This needs to be done slowly and the more detail you can cut out the better the end result will be.


Here I've glued her to the page along with my phrase "Stride out with Confidence".


I hope this gives you the confidence to just go for it. Black gesso isn't to be feared and can add so much depth to a page. I'm certainly going to need to purchase a bigger pot.

See you next week

Jaine x


2 comments:

Suzy said...

I love this Jaine! Havent tried black gesso yet but this has encouraged me to have a go

Magda said...

Jaine, I love your project! Great textured background, I will try this! x