29 January 2013

Recycled birdie!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for everyone's lovely comments last week when I shared my 2nd creation.

I seriously recommend you following the blog if you aren't doing so already, goodness there is lots of  fabulous inspiration from the Design Team.. 

This week I have a small decorated canvas to share with you.. with lots of recyling going on!


The background was created using a piece of kitchen roll I had used whilst mopping up ink sprays.. I can't bare to throw them away.. some of them are just too pretty.

The gorgeous bird is from Prima you can find it in the shop {HERE} I coloured the bird using blue and purple Distress Stains.. see {HERE} then overstamped onto her with a text stamp using black archival ink.. see {HERE}.

The word sentiment on the canvas is from my craftbox.. I actually borrowed it from the front of one of my old craft journals it seemed just perfect!

I think this little birdie must be a magpie (just like me)... I recycled some wire for her to stand on along with the most gorgeous embellishment ever!!! My first time using one of the fabulous {Prima Junkyard Findings}.. just PERFECT!

I painted a full moon onto the canvas using a silver acrylic {Paint Dabber}

Thank you for calling today and leaving a comment if you get the chance.. 

  Happy creating, Gez oxox
 

5 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

what a sweet little canvas - great use of the mop up tissue, will have to try and remember to save mine!

Arnlaug said...

This is beautiful Gez! Love that blue colour:-)

jaine drake said...

Brilliant. Recycling is good. I love love love the birdie.

Suzy said...

This is gorgeous, the background colour is just lush

Did you glue the inked kitchen roll to the canvas?

Gez Butterworth said...

Yes Suzy, using gel medium