13 January 2013

A Blue Heart.....

Hello everyone!
It looks like I'm first to share a creation with you all as part of the new ASOI DT..... eek!!!
So, without further ado, here it is....

I was really excited to receive my first DT kit from Vicki, all the things in there were so yummy it was a difficult decision as to what to use first! So, sticking to what I love best, I chose paint! Specifically, the anthraquinone blue shade from Golden Acrylics . Teamed with the Cherry Red acrylic ink from the Dr Martins Bombay Indian Ink  range (which isn't red at all , its a gorgeous fuschia pink!), I created a basic background on a piece of regular white cardstock. When I say basic, that's just what I mean...simply swipe blue paint on the card with a sponge, dry off and fill in the gaps with the ink!
Once this dried, I added in a few more details. With both the paint and the ink, I added drops to the card. Dried these with a heat tool until the very edges has dried, then wiped away the 'blob' still left in the middle. This gives fab outline shapes...
I also took up some Indian ink into a pipette, then dripped it out drop by drop until it was just bubbles coming out...if you carefully place the bubbles on the card, once they pop and dry another fab effect is achieved...
I also used a Crafters Workshop Stencil to add some white circles onto my background, I used white paint for this..
A little stamping using a number stamp, and then some printing with bottle tops and the edges of old store cards completed the look..
My figure is one of my favourite Stampotique ladies, stamped in blue as black seemed a little harsh for my colour scheme! I cut her out, then stamped her again and just used the heart to add a little dimension to the figure....
The quote is one I've printed out and stuck on....a bit of artistic licence from a song lyric! (Gold star for any other 80's music freaks out there that can name the artist!!)
So, there you have it.....and I hope you like it!!
See you soon,
Love Trish xxxx





16 comments:

Lauren Hender said...

Love the colours!

Words and Pictures said...

Congratulations on being first up, Trish, and what a stunning start! The colours on this are sensational, and that pipette bubble technique is amazing - thanks so much for sharing it... a truly wonderful canvas!
Alison x

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic Trish, love that ink and the heart touch.

Scrapmate said...

I love the inky, painty fabulousness of this. The B+W image is a great contrast to the BG.

jaine drake said...

Brilliant first DT piece. The background colour is gorgeously rich.

Paula Whittaker said...

What a great piece to kick start us all off on - loving the colour combination.

Arnlaug said...

This is beautiful! Love those colors together:-)

Gez Butterworth said...

Sweet! Loving your background ♥

MiniOwner said...

Oh that is amazing! I love the Stampotique figures and I love what you have done with this one.
Sue x

Jenny Marples said...

No need to be nervous Trish. This is a superb canvas with some very clever ideas. Love your choice of colours too. Hugs, Jenny x

Karin said...

beautiful, love the color combination!

Alison said...

It's gorgeous & inspiring Trish! TFS!
Alison x
P.S. Love the 'bubble' idea!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Wow gorgeous colours! A great canvas.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Congratulations on the new DT , well deserved...a fab vibrant , very you piece! Great stuff! Trace x

Ginger said...

Great start to the Dt blog. x

VickiA said...

ooh, that is so stroke-able! Those colours work so well together.